WWE has been ordered to pay over $330K in damages over a traffic accident lawsuit.
As previously reported, WWE went to trial over a traffic accident lawsuit this week.
A jury trial took place in the Florida Middle District Court regarding the lawsuit against WWE over a 2019 traffic accident in Tampa. The lawsuit was filed by Jackson Parsons, who was injured in the accident.
The jury in question ultimately sided with the plantiff Parsons and ruled that WWE must pay $331,800 to Jackson. The amount to be paid is a percentage based on their own level of negligence in the accident.
The jury decided that Jackson held 65% of the negligence, while WWE was responsible for 35%.
The lawsuit was originally filed in June 2021 with the incident allegedly taking place in July 2019. Parsons alleged a van rented by WWE that was being driven by a WWE employee and prop expert, Gaitan Thomas.
The filing indicates that Thomas “was on the job at the time” and was involved in a motor vehicle accident with Parsons, who was riding a bicycle. In the lawsuit, Parsons claimed he “suffered physical injuries, pain-and-suffering, disability and the inability and loss of the capacity to lead and enjoy normal life, inconvenience, disfigurement, scarring and mental anguish.”
He also cited“suffered physical injuries, pain-and-suffering, disability and the inability and loss of the capacity to lead and enjoy a normal life, inconvenience, disfigurement, scarring and mental anguish.”
Meanwhile, Parsons said his injuries and suffering are permanent. He also claimed he has incurred past medical expenses and will incur future medical expenses on account of the motor vehicle accident.
Parsons was seeking to garner $76,500.00 for pain and suffering, mental anguish and inconvenience as well as $401,500 for future pain and suffering. The case was officially closed on Tuesday, March 7.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’