There are few things WWE likes more than signing lots of people to developmental contracts in the hope they’ll find the next Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins.
While independent stars do still get signed by the company, WWE’s focus of late has been to scout physically attractive college athletes, and then train them as professional wrestlers.
Despite this being the focus, Dave Meltzer is reporting in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE has contacted a number of independent wrestlers to see if they’d be interested in trying out for WWE.
While the idea is still to recruit good looking college or other athletes and train them to be wrestlers, they have contacted some indie talent for tryouts in Nashville over SummerSlam week.
WWE has of course had massive success with signing indie stars in the past, and so it’s no surprise to hear they’re still on the lookout for future stars.
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Backstage Details On Who Knew About Shawn Spears WWE Return
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- TKO Issues New Statement On Vince McMahon WWE Status & Allegations
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests