A lot of questions were raised when it came out that people being unvaccinated played into some of last week’s WWE releases.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was made a bit clearer what WWE’s stance is and how the company is approaching talents’ vaccination status.
Nia Jax said in a statement after she was released, and the Observer reiterated, that WWE didn’t outright tell people that being unvaccinated would lead to them being released, but it was also noted that the company does “very much encourage it”.
One particular unnamed “top wrestler” who was unvaccinated was reportedly told they’d be less valuable to the company if they didn’t get it done, because they wouldn’t be able to do overseas tours without it.
It’s perhaps worth mentioning at this point that Sasha Banks, who many believed was unvaccinated after she apparently liked some ‘anti-vax’ social media posts months ago, was on the WWE UK tour this past week. We’re not implying Banks is who the report is referring to, but it’s a relevant point to make here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats