WWE has filed for multiple – six to be exact – new trademarks recently, including Queen Zelina, the official new name for Zelina Vega.
Vega won the Queen’s Crown Tournament and has thus adopted the Queen Zelina moniker, as well as attempting an English accent. Emphasis on the “attempting”.
WWE filed to trademark ‘Queen Zelina’ with the United States Patent & Trademark Office on October 28, with the following description:
Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment
WWE made five other trademark filings on the same day, all with the same description as above, which is the default one for ring names and team names.
Here are the other trademarks WWE filed for:
- GYV (Presumably as the initials for the Grizzled Young Veterans tag team of James Drake and Zack Gibson on NXT 2.0)
- Von Wagner (WWE had previously filed for Von Wagoner with an ‘o’, which was either a mistake or the name was altered after the filing was made)
- Toxic Attraction (The group of NXT Women’s Champion Mandy Rose, and NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne)
- RK-Bro (Raw Tag Team Champions Randy Orton and Riddle)
- Alpha Academy (The tag team of Chad Gable and Otis)
A list of all WWE trademark filings of 2021 – of which there are now 190 – can be found at this link.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking