WWE has filed for multiple – six to be exact – new trademarks recently, including Queen Zelina, the official new name for Zelina Vega.
Vega won the Queen’s Crown Tournament and has thus adopted the Queen Zelina moniker, as well as attempting an English accent. Emphasis on the “attempting”.
WWE filed to trademark ‘Queen Zelina’ with the United States Patent & Trademark Office on October 28, with the following description:
Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment
WWE made five other trademark filings on the same day, all with the same description as above, which is the default one for ring names and team names.
Here are the other trademarks WWE filed for:
- GYV (Presumably as the initials for the Grizzled Young Veterans tag team of James Drake and Zack Gibson on NXT 2.0)
- Von Wagner (WWE had previously filed for Von Wagoner with an ‘o’, which was either a mistake or the name was altered after the filing was made)
- Toxic Attraction (The group of NXT Women’s Champion Mandy Rose, and NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne)
- RK-Bro (Raw Tag Team Champions Randy Orton and Riddle)
- Alpha Academy (The tag team of Chad Gable and Otis)
A list of all WWE trademark filings of 2021 – of which there are now 190 – can be found at this link.
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’