WWE has transferred the ownership of trademarks to two former roster members, Matt Hardy and Mia Yim, via USPTO and confirmed by HeelByNature.
On March 7, WWE agreed to transfer Matt ownership of his ring name via trademark attorney Michael E. Dockins. Matt recently signed a contract extension with AEW, where he has been signed to since March 2020.
WWE had owned the trademark for Matt’s ring name since 2018.
WWE also made an agreement for Mia Yim (real name Stephanie Bell) to own her ring name. WWE first trademarked her name in August 2019, with Yim attempting to secure the trademark for herself in 2020.
Yim was released from her WWE contract in November 2021.
You can view trademark documents at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Retiring AEW Name Thanks Company For ‘Beautiful Ending’
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- AEW’s Andrade El Idolo Reacts To Charlotte Flair WWE Return
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- AEW Star ‘Proud’ Of WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London
- What Happened With Seth Rollins After WWE SmackDown June 9