Speaking after Cody Rhodes’ return at WWE Royal Rumble, Triple H has revealed his thought on comparisons to The American Nightmare’s father.
Triple H and the late Dusty Rhodes worked closely together under the NXT umbrella, where Dusty served as a senior producer and trainer.
With Cody Rhodes back under the WWE umbrella and heading to WrestleMania following time on the shelf following a torn pectoral muscle, Triple H spoke both members of the Rhodes family at the Royal Rumble post-show press conference, saying:
“I can’t help, but when I look at him, I do see his dad. I look in his eyes, and I see his dad’s eyes.
“I see Dusty, but I see all the best things of Dusty, and then I see something more in Cody.”
The WWE Chief Content Officer would then go on to talk about comparisons between the two, concluding:
“It’s not about comparing him, I just see the greatness of his dad amplified, and that’s something special.
“He’s a special talent, a special human being, and I’m very proud of him for that.”
Cody Rhodes returned from injury at the January 28 Royal Rumble, having been sidelined since Hell in the Cell in June 2022.
He recently spoke on the subject of his injury and his upcoming shot at the Undisputed Championship at WrestleMania 39.
Transcript from Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?