The Undertaker recently gave potential advice to new wrestlers after revisiting his first-ever wrestling match.
Speaking to Mike Tyson on the Hotboxin’ with Mike podcast, Undertaker reflected on his first match with the legendary Bruiser Brody, revealing:
“Don’t judge a book by its cover, and there’s a reason why you’re supposed to sit down, shut up and watch.”
During his first match, Texas Red (as the 19-year-old future Undertaker was then known) wore a black mask and towered over Brody.
The match took place in World Class Championship Wrestling in June 1987.
Undertaker would note that Brody told him to “relax, kid” but an incident in the corner would see Undertaker clip Bruise Brody in the face whilst shoving him.
He would recall that:
“His whole demeanor changed on me.”
He would recall being trapped in armbar, walking Brody to the ropes and calling for a clothesline.
The clothesline is the move that Texas Red didn’t receive, with Undertaker receiving a big boot.
Recalling how it made his eyes roll back into his head, Undertaker said:
“Holy sh*t, I’m in a whole different world now. It was time for me to get my first lessons and don’t f**k with the old guys.”
Despite the in-ring error, Brody was sufficiently impressed enough to tell the WCCW office to keep him on instead of sending him to another territory.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance