WWE Hall of Famer Edge has explained why he refused to end The Undertaker’s historic WrestleMania streak.
In a move that will likely never be achieved again, The Undertaker wrestled at 21 WrestleMania events before suffering his first loss at the Grandest Stage of them All.
Speaking on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast, Edge confirmed that he had the opportunity to break the streak at WrestleMania 24, which ultimately ended with Undertaker defeating Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship.
Noting that he thought winning against the Deadman would’ve been pointless, Edge said:
“Yeah so we were gonna meet in the main event of WrestleMania 24 and I think the streak at that point was 15-0.
“It was kinda thrown by me, like, ‘What do you think?’ I was like, ‘Absolutely not, why would we do that? That makes zero sense to me. I’m already a made man, I’m in the main event of WrestleMania, what’s it gonna do for me?’
“Sure, it would do something, I guess but let’s save that, let’s save that for somebody who can really use that boost.”
The streak was ultimately broken at WrestleMania 30, with Brock Lesnar defeating Undertaker to the surprise of many.
Lesnar will be in action at next month’s Backlash premium live event, against Cody Rhodes.
Check out the announced card for WWE Backlash 2023 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via SEScoops
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Update On WWE Status Of Talents Company Is ‘Real High’ On