It has been indicated that WWE was unhappy with a speech made at the 2023 Hall of Fame ceremony, ahead of WrestleMania 39.
Following SmackDown on March 31, Rey Mysterio, The Great Muta, Stacy Keibler, Andy Kaufman and Tim White were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as part of the class of 2023.
Several of the speeches from the ceremony were praised by fans following the event, with clips of Konnan inducting Rey Mysterio going viral on social media.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Konnan’s speech was ‘very well received’ by WWE. Interestingly, it was noted that Fightful was told the opposite about Ric Flair’s speech by many sources.
Flair’s speech introduced the Great Muta ahead of the Japanese legend’s induction. While Muta wrestled for WCW in the nineties and the year 2000, the wrestling veteran never wrestled for WWE.
The Great Muta finished off his retirement tour in February, losing to NJPW’s Tetsuya Naito and Masahiro Chono in his final matches at the Keiji Muto Grand Final Pro-Wrestling ‘Last’ Love event.
At WrestleMania 39, new Hall of Famer Rey Mysterio defeated his son Dominik in singles action.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records using our tracker right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss