WWE has confirmed the arrival of the following recruits into its Florida Performance Center:
- Rachael Ellering, who competed as Rachael Evers in the Mae Young Classic and is the daughter of legendary manager Paul Ellering
- Karen Q, who was a regular fixture in ROH’s Women of Honor division and competed in last year’s MYC
- Trevor Lee, who was a regular fixture in Impact Wrestling and PWG
- ACH, who has worked in New Japan’s junior heavyweight division
- Samuel Shaw, who was in TNA/Impact for five years on and off and won the promotion’s Gut Check competition
- Canadian tag team 3.0 (Scott Parker and Shane Matthews) who have had spells in ROH, Chikara and have done enhancement matches of NXT previously
- Australian giant Elliot Sexton, who made a name for himself in Australian super-indy MCW and was part of PROGRESS’s summer tour of the US
- Jonah Rock, another Australian who was also a regular in PWG and was believed to be a target for AEW
- Nick Comoroto, who has worked on ROH and EVOLVE shows in recent years
- Omari Palmer and Ricardo Miller, about whom little is known
— Performance Center (@WWEPC) February 11, 2019
Where is KUSHIDA?
Notable by his absence was former multiple-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA, who left New Japan a few weeks ago for a position in WWE and was widely expected to be part of today’s intake.
We do not believe that this is due to an about turn from KUSHIDA on his decision to join WWE nor any indicator that his future lies elsewhere. In all likelihood it will be down to paperwork or WWE wanting to bring him in as a star from the off, perhaps on the main roster. We will no doubt know the reason for his omission from the class reveal shortly.