A former WWE star has revealed that they were “treated like s**t” while talking about backstage etiquette on a recent podcast appearance.
Lisa Marie Varon was better known to WWE fans as Victoria and IMPACT Wrestling fans as Tara.
She was recently named as someone who should be in the WWE Hall of Fame by Trish Stratus.
Varon recently appeared on the Grown Ass Women Podcast, when the subject of backstage etiquette was discussed.
Speaking to Bully Ray and Mickie James, Varon stated:
“I was treated like s**t when I came back to (WWE) backstage. And I was like, you know what? How I got treated by some of the people, I will never treat a human like that. Ever.
“I’m gonna be the welcoming arm…They’re gonna say, ‘I want to work with Lisa.’”
With the conversation changing quickly, Varon didn’t identify the time period of the return that led to this mistreatment.
Some have suggested it was her appearance in the 2021 women’s Royal Rumble match.
This was the only official match that she was involved in since leaving WWE in 2009.
Transcript from Cageside Seats.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Faction To Add New Members Soon?
- WWE Stars Announce Engagement (Photos)
- WWE Star Addresses Wrestling Future & Potential Retirement Plans
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened