Further details have emerged for Warner Bros Discovery’s plans for the UK broadcast partner of WWE, BT Sport.
Further to the earlier report that BT Sport and Warner Bros Discovery were forming a 50:50 sports venture together and that this would lead to a rebranding for BT Sport, more details have now emerged of the change.
The Times reports that BT Sport will relaunch as TNT Sports.
The report also confirms that, at the time of writing, there are “no price increases” expected for UK consumers, writing:
“The new name has come about as a result of a joint venture between BT and Warner Bros Discovery.
“Customers will not be hit with any immediate price increase and will continue to have coverage of the Champions League until 2027, as well as some Premier League matches, Premiership Rugby and Champions Cup Rugby.
“They will also have access to Discovery +, which includes the full digital rights to the Paris 2024 Olympics.”
BT Sport is the home of WWE in the UK, with Raw, SmackDown and NXT all being available through the network.
The partnership with WWE is reportedly going to continue under the TNT Sports arrangement.
Warner Bros Discovery owns TBS and TNT, the networks that air AEW Dynamite and AEW Rampage in the United States.
For the United Kingdom, AEW is available on ITV4 and Fite.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Rey Mysterio Reveals In-Ring Future
- WWE Sale Rumors Continue As Move Could Be Soon
- WWE Stars Vow Bloodshed At NXT Stand & Deliver