While announcing the release of Raw commentator Adnan Virk yesterday, WWE issued a statement stating that his departure was “mutual”, but there is apparently more to that story that there appeared to be at first.
Fightful Select is reporting that while the release was mutual, WWE was planning on releasing Virk even if he didn’t want to leave the company, with WWE knowing they wanted to release the sportscaster before Raw this week.
The report notes that both WWE and Adnan Virk were “hoping to keep it amicable”, but both were said to be “very aware that the situation wasn’t working out”.
Fightful goes on to report that a replacement has been decided on already, but didn’t reveal who will be calling Raw next week alongside Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
Adnan Virk has issued a statement following his sudden departure from WWE. You can find out exactly what Virk had to say on the matter by clicking here.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?