WWE has revealed the economic impact WrestleMania 39 had on the Los Angeles region.
WrestleMania 39 was a huge success becoming the highest grossing and most watched edition in the company’s history.
On August 2, WWE announced that the Showcase of Immortals generated $215 million in economic impact for the Los Angeles region over the course of the week, according to a study conducted by Applied Analysis.
The company released the following statement to tout their latest achievement:
WWE today announced that WrestleMania generated $215 million in economic impact for the Los Angeles region this past April, according to a study conducted by Applied Analysis. This marks a new company record breaking last year’s $206.5 million in economic impact for the Dallas/Arlington region.
Since 2016, WrestleMania has generated more than $1.2 billion in cumulative economic impact for the cities that have hosted the event.
A capacity crowd of 161,892 fans attended WWE’s pop-culture extravaganza over the course of two nights last April at SoFi Stadium, making it the highest-grossing and most-attended event in WWE history. Key highlights from the study include:
– By continuing to broaden the week’s schedule of events, out-of-town visitors stayed an average of 4.1 nights in Los Angeles.
– More than half of attendees traveled to Los Angeles from outside of southern California, with 15% of attendees traveling in from international markets.
– Visitors had an annual average income of more than $100K.
Next year, WrestleMania will take place Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7 live from Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. The event will stream live exclusively on Peacock in the United States and WWE Network everywhere else. Tickets go on-sale Friday, Aug. 18, at 10 a.m. ET via Ticketmaster. Ticket pre-registration for the two-day event is now available.
Tickets for next year’s WrestleMania 40 will go on sale on Friday, August 18 at 10 a.m. Eastern.
This Saturday, August 5, WWE will hold their latest major premium live event with SummerSlam 2023 from Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.
For the full lineup for the event, click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours