Aofrmer WWE writer has revealed what made CM Punk unhappy during his feud with The Rock back in 2013.
Speaking with Inside The Ropes, former WWE writer Matt McCarthy discussed Sasha Banks and Naomi’s recent walkout on Raw and recalled an incident with CM Punk during his feud with The Rock over the WWE Championship in 2013.
“I remember Punk being handed a promo about The Rock and him refusing to [say it]. He’s like, ‘So now I’ve got to f***ing put over The Rock? F*** that.’ I remember that happening. I don’t recall anyone walking out per se.”
Punk eventually put over The Rock twice in the ring, dropping the WWE Championship to end his 434-day reign at Royal Rumble 2013 and then again at Elimination Chamber the following month.
The Rock went on to drop the title to John Cena at WrestleMania 29, while Punk was the last man to lose to The Undertaker during his legendary WrestleMania undefeated streak.
CM Punk made his return to wrestling for All Elite Wrestling last year and will face Hangman Adam Page for the AEW World Championship at Double Or Nothing this Sunday.
For more information on the event, click here.
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- Backstage Reaction To Upcoming John Cena WWE Return
- Kazuchika Okada Reveals Hope For Japanese Crowds Following Forbidden Door
- Bianca Belair Reveals Scary Situation With A Fan From Recent WWE Show
- Dax Harwood Explains His Support For Sasha Banks Amid WWE Walk Out Drama