Aofrmer WWE writer has revealed what made CM Punk unhappy during his feud with The Rock back in 2013.
Speaking with Inside The Ropes, former WWE writer Matt McCarthy discussed Sasha Banks and Naomi’s recent walkout on Raw and recalled an incident with CM Punk during his feud with The Rock over the WWE Championship in 2013.
“I remember Punk being handed a promo about The Rock and him refusing to [say it]. He’s like, ‘So now I’ve got to f***ing put over The Rock? F*** that.’ I remember that happening. I don’t recall anyone walking out per se.”
Punk eventually put over The Rock twice in the ring, dropping the WWE Championship to end his 434-day reign at Royal Rumble 2013 and then again at Elimination Chamber the following month.
The Rock went on to drop the title to John Cena at WrestleMania 29, while Punk was the last man to lose to The Undertaker during his legendary WrestleMania undefeated streak.
CM Punk made his return to wrestling for All Elite Wrestling last year and will face Hangman Adam Page for the AEW World Championship at Double Or Nothing this Sunday.
For more information on the event, click here.
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’
- WWE Star Makes Decision After Major ‘Bidding War’