A triple crown WWE champion has praised two members of the NXT roster following recent appearances on the brand.
Xavier Woods reflected on his recent time in WWE NXT with Kofi Kingston in which the pair captured the NXT Championships.
Speaking to Review STL, Woods revealed his praise for his opponents, saying:
“I’ve been wanting to work with Pretty Deadly for a very long time.
“I think they’re very talented. I think they know who they are, which is one of the hardest things to figure out in professional wrestling and so getting to work with them was great.”
Kofi Kingston had also praised Pretty Deadly during his time with Woods in NXT.
Pretty Deadly were two-time NXT Tag Team Champions with the team of Elton Prince and Kit Wilson winning the vacated titles in a gauntlet match on NXT 2.0 in April 2022.
They would lose the championships to The Creed Brothers in June 2022, winning them back at Worlds Collide in September of that year.
In December 2022, The New Day would defeat Prince & Wilson at Deadline to become WWE Triple Crown Tag Team Champions.
The current NXT Tag Team Champions are Gallus who defeated New Day, Pretty Deadly and Chase University (Andre Chase & Duke Hudson) at Vengeance Day in February 2023.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other