With the men’s roster having three top titles and two secondary championships, a member of the women’s roster has called for a new title.
The men’s roster can currently set their sights on the Undisputed WWE Universal Champions which consists of both the WWE Championship and the Universal Championship and the newly unveiled World Heavyweight Championship.
The Intercontinental Championship and the United States Championship are considered the secondary men’s titles.
By comparison, the women’s roster can aim for the Raw Women’s Championship and the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Zoey Stark has recently addressed the imbalance in opportunities for WWE gold on Ten Count with Steve Fall, saying:
“I would love nothing more to add in like [an Intercontinental] women’s championship.
“I think that would be fun to get that involved with it, and then more opportunities for the women to be put on TV.
“And I think it would do a lot of good for us. It would be nice to see more women tags.”
Asuka won the Raw Women’s Championship from Bianca Belair at Night of Champions on May 27 2023. On the June 9 edition of SmackDown, she was presented with the new WWE Women’s Championship.
The WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion is Rhea Ripley who has regularly defended the title on WWE SuperShows but was last seen in singles action at Night of Champions, dominating Natalya to retain her gold.
Transcript from Cagesideseats.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19