WWE often tries out partnerships on house shows before debuting them on TV. One example of this was the duo of EC3 and Drake Maverick that was tested in dark matches and at live events. However, WWE decided against pairing the tandem on TV.
According to reports, Drake Maverick was also supposed to debut as the manager of King Corbin on SmackDown towards the end of 2019, but WWE decided to also scrap those plans for whatever reason.
Speaking on the Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer had the following to say about the scrapped partnership:
“[Drake Maverick] is still General Manager of 205 Live. He never did end up managing Baron Corbin which was the original plan. You know, we never did find out who the guy was under the ring tripping Roman Reigns.”
The idea of scrapping plans is nothing new, WWE often plans angles and alliances that never play out on TV.
However, with Corbin and Roman Reigns set to go one-on-one at the Royal Rumble, perhaps Drake Maverick could help Corbin to victory, allowing the feud to continue.
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Top Champion Names Drew McIntyre As Potential Title Challenger
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Update On WWE Status Of Talents Company Is ‘Real High’ On