WWE star Xavier Woods has also reacted to Cesaro’s AEW debut during AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door.
Cesaro, real name Claudio Castagnoli, was revealed to be Bryan Danielson’s replacement against Zack Sabre Jr during the crossover pay-per-view. He will also take Danielson’s place in the Blood & Guts match slated for the upcoming episode of Dynamite.
AEW President Tony Khan then confirmed that Claudio has signed with the company.
Xavier Woods took to social media to celebrate the debut, tweeting:
Woods and Claudio worked together on numerous occasions in WWE, most recently sharing the ring during a 14-man dark match during a WWE Raw taping in November. Both stars were also regularly featured on UpUpDownDown ahead of Claudio’s WWE departure.
Claudio left WWE in late February after his WWE contract expired.
In the Forbidden Door post-show media scrum, Claudio noted that him joining AEW made him feel like a kid in a candy store. The former WWE star also teased a huge dream match, which you can read more about right here.
Former Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch has also reacted to Cesaro’s AEW appearance.
Check out our live results for AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door at this link.
— Austin Creed (@AustinCreedWins) June 27, 2022
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles