Xavier Woods has confirmed that he was paying homage to Claudio Castagnoli during the July 17 WWE Sunday Stunner house show.
During the Fort Lauderdale live event, Woods & Kofi Kingston faced off against The Usos.
A photo of Woods cranking a headlock was shared on Twitter following the bout. Noting that the hold was a tribute to the former Cesaro, Woods tweeted:
“The @ClaudioCSRO lean. Adds more pressure to the neck. Do everything you can to ensure victory!”
Castagnoli left WWE in February after his WWE contract expired. He made his WWE debut at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, unveiled as Bryan Danielson’s replacement for a match against Zack Sabre Jr.
The original plan for Castagnoli’s AEW debut, before Bryan Danielson’s injury, has now been revealed.
He will challenge for Jonathan Gresham’s ROH World Championship at Death Before Dishonor. Check out the updated card for the July 23 ROH special right here.
Castagnoli is currently undefeated in AEW. Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
— Austin Creed (@AustinCreedWins) July 18, 2022
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future