WWE officially announced the brackets for the 2021 King of the Ring tournament on last night’s (October 8) episode of SmackDown, and many fans were happy to see New Day member Xavier Woods listed among the participants.
Woods, who has been very vocal about his desire to be crowned king, will face Ricochet in a first round match on this Monday’s episode of Raw.
Woods took to his Twitter shortly after the bracket was revealed, saying that he found out he was in the tournament by watching SmackDown, before telling his friend Ricochet that he’s going to run through him on his way to becoming king.
You can see Woods’ video below:
— Austin Creed – King of The Ring (@AustinCreedWins) October 9, 2021
The first round of the tournament kicked off on SmackDown, when Sami Zayn defeated Rey Mysterio and Finn Balor defeated Cesaro to advance to the semi-final. The other first match is Jinder Mahal taking on Woods’ partner Kofi Kingston.
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- Lio Rush Provides Update On Shoulder Injury & Return Plans (Exclusive)
- Kenny Omega On Whether He Thought Forbidden Door Would Actually Happen
- AEW’s Jungle Boy Out With An Injury
- More Matches Announced For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Buy-In
- Stipulation Added To AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Six Man Tag Match
- Hiromu Takahashi Pulled From Forbidden Door
- Original Plan For WWE Hall Of Famer To Manage MVP
- Kenny Omega Opens Up About Wrestling With Vertigo In NJPW