Xia Li has opened up about her transition to the WWE main roster, discussing her family’s reaction to her SmackDown vignettes.
In the 2021 Draft, Li was transferred from NXT to SmackDown. In recent weeks, videos building hype to Li’s arrival aired, telling the story of Li becoming her family’s protector.
In an interview with ScreenRant, the Chinese star revealed that her sister cried when she first watched the vignette, and said she was proud.
Ahead of her debut on last week’s edition of SmackDown, Li said:
“You know, this my dream, finally came true. Friday is the biggest day of my whole life. I’m so excited. I can’t wait to say hi to everybody to say hi to the WWE Universe. I’m so excited, I even couldn’t sleep well.
“I remember I showed my sister the vignette. She was crying just like me and she knew where all the story came from. She had the same feeling as me. So she told me she’s very proud of me.
“They call me many times. They worry about me. They know I’m here, lonely. They are very proud of me that I am able to stay this long. The whole family is just very proud and very happy for me. They are very proud of what I did right now and they are also very excited. My future, what’s going to happen, is I wish one day I can bring them over here to live with me. Then they can go to the show and watch me compete. I hope that they will come soon.”
On last week’s show, Li teamed with Naomi to fight off Sonya Deville, Shayna Baszler and Natalya. Revealing her next goal, Li said:
“I wish(to be) the number one contender. That’s my goal.”
Quotes via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character