WWE announced during last night’s NXT 2.0 that Xyon Quinn would be facing Santos Escobar on next week’s episode of the show.
This comes after Quinn rejected Elektra Lopez’s seemingly romantic advances and declined to join Legado Del Fantasma, so she had the group’s other members ambush him a couple of weeks ago.
Quinn then came out to confront Escobar last night at ringside during Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza’s match, and the two fought off and Lopez followed.
Later on as Quinn was making his way out of the arena, Lopez told him she likes a man who marches to the beat of his own drum, but wished him good luck because he “needs it” against Escobar next week.
Considering Xyon Quinn is clearly someone they want to push in the new NXT, a case could have been made for putting this on WarGames this coming Sunday, but it looks like that’ll be remaining a five-match card.
No other matches have been announced for next week’s NXT 2.0 as of yet.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler
- Roman Reigns 1000-Day Celebration SmackDown Draws Incredible Viewership Numbers