Just before the launch of AEW last year, it had been reported that WWE offered massive deals to Nick and Matt Jackson, as well as Kenny Omega and Cody to try and get The Elite to join the promotion.
However, all four men obviously rejected those deals and went on to become the Executive Vice Presidents of All Elite Wrestling, leading many to speculated that would have happened if the faction joined WWE.
Taking to Twitter to respond to a post from The Young Bucks, Dax Harwood of FTR said that the team were thankful to have spent “thousands of dollars” to get out of their WWE deals, allowing them to come to AEW and work with The Bucks.
In the tweet, Harwood noted that Matt and Nick Jackson were clearly “too afraid” to come to WWE:
Thank God we spent thousands of dollars to get out of our contracts to come to your show just to make this happen….because you were always too afraid to come to us.
In a light-hearted tweet, the Bucks then responded by posting an image of themselves in some rather comical gear, noting that this is what WWE would have had them wear if they did sign for the company.
For those that don’t know, the comical gear that The Young Bucks are wearing in this image is reportedly an idea that was pitched to FTR when they were in WWE as The Revival. Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler have since confirmed this in interviews.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours