A segment on this week’s episode of Being The Elite featured several digs at WWE for the circumstances surrounding Jeff Hardy’s WWE departure.
Jeff was released from his WWE contract in December 2021, after refusing to go to rehab following his ‘erratic behavior’ at a WWE house show. Jeff had reportedly left a house show through the crowd mid-match.
The house show incident was recently referenced on AEW TV, with Matt Hardy leaving the arena during Isiah Kassidy’s bout against Keith Lee.
On Being The Elite, Matt and Nick Jackson addressed the situation with Matt, asking him to take a drug test. In case the comparison wasn’t obvious enough, the AEW EVPs told Matt mentioned Jeff by name, arguing that Matt had acted erratically, like his brother.
Matt refused to get tested, noting that the Bucks probably wouldn’t disclose his results anyway, referencing reports that it took WWE six weeks to send Jeff his test results.
Matt Hardy and The Young Bucks have frequently teased Jeff’s AEW arrival since he left WWE. The Hardy Boyz are set to reunite in the ring next month.
You can watch the full episode below (skip to 10:15 for the drug test segment):
Stay up to date with every AEW star under contract at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Nature Of Recent Procedure Amid WWE Absence
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- AEW Star Interested In Facing Goldberg In Retirement Match
- AEW Star Reveals Pitch For WWE WrestleMania Crossover Match
- Bobby Lashley Backstage Update With WrestleMania Status Uncertain