AEW Executive Vice Presidents Matt and Nick Jackson have revealed when they found out that Paul Wight (Big Show) was joining AEW.
Paul Wight recently shocked the wrestling world by signing with AEW. Most fans assumed that Wight would be under WWE contract for life after competing for the company for over 20 years.
Even The Young Bucks thought that Wight would never leave WWE. Speaking with Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports, Nick Jackson explained that the idea of signing “The Big Show” hadn’t crossed their minds until Tony Khan asked them for their opinion about a month ago.
Here is Nick Jackson’s full quote:
“So, Tony (Khan), I want to say it was about a month ago, he wanted to tell us something. He gathered us up with Kenny, he’s like, ‘hey, what do you guys think of signing the Big Show?’ We’re like, ‘what?’ Our reaction was like, ‘really, I thought he would be a lifetime WWE guy.’ He said, ‘well, he wants to come and play,’ so we’re like, ‘let’s do it.’ So that was pretty much how it all went.”
Wight appeared on AEW Dynamite this week, teasing another huge AEW signing. The next member of the AEW roster will attend a contract signing live during AEW Revolution on Sunday night.
Also at AEW Revolution, Hikaru Shida defends the AEW Women’s Championship against Ryo Mizunami. You can read about Shida almost quitting pro-wrestling by clicking this link.
Quote via Fightful.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?