An unfortunate accident saw a NJPW star needing medical attention at the IMPACT Wrestling TV taping this weekend.
IMPACT Wrestling had a busy weekend with the company visiting Las Vegas for their No Surrender event this past Friday.
Following the show, the company held two television tapings in Vegas for their upcoming AXS TV slate of episodes.
On Saturday’s TV taping, Sami Callihan went one-on-one with NJPW star Yuya Uemura with an unfortunate accident occurring during the bout.
At the end of their match, Callihan delivered a powerbomb to Uemura with the New Japan dojo member landing high on his neck and caused the match to be ended early.
In the Wrestling Observer Daily Update, the accident was called “a scary situation” and noted that Uemura was down for five minutes, needing medical attention. Fortunately, Uemura was eventually able to get up and seemed okay afterwards.
The report also notes that Yuya Uemura is scheduled to team with Jonathan Gresham against Speedball Mike Bailey and Black Taurus on the Sunday television taping.
We will have further updates and news in regards to Uemura’s status and the IMPACT TV taping when they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite