In an interesting turn of events, Zack Sabre Jr. has put his spot in the G1 Climax tournament on the line in his upcoming match against YOSHI-HAHSI. The match will take place at Kizuna Road on June 25th.
The match was originally just for Sabre’s RevPro British Heavyweight Championship, but is now Sabre’s G1 Climax spot is also on the line. The change happened after the challenge from YOSHI-HASHI.
YOSHI-HASHI was left out of the G1 for the first time since 2015. Meanwhile, Sabre will be competing in his third straight tournament. YOSHI-HASHI pinned Sabre in a tag team match at Dominion on June 9th.
The full card for the Kizuna Road event is as follows:
- RevPro British Heavyweight Championship Match – Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. YOSHI-HASHI
- RevPro British Cruiserweight Championship Match – El Phantasmo (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
- Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & DOUKI
- Hiroshi Tanahashi, Toa Henare, SHO & YOH vs. Jay White, Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori
- Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. Juice Robinson & Mikey Nicholls
- Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Shota Umino & Ren Narita vs. Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, SANADA, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Yuji Nagata & Yota Tsuji