Zelina Vega has spoken about her return to WWE being spoiled online, and admits she hates it when surprises are ruined for fans.
Vega was originally released by WWE on November 13, 2020, after a dispute regarding third party platforms. Just eight months later in July 2021 she made her return, simultaneously deleting a tweet supporting the idea of unionisation in pro-wrestling.
Speaking to Ryan Satin on the Out of Character podcast, she said:
“What made it funny was at that time when it came out, I wasn’t really back yet. It wasn’t really a thing yet, and I know that they were filming something for my husband so that’s what I was initially there for. It made it funny because I was like, this isn’t even 100% yet, y’all are talking like it is but then you don’t know the specifics. But I can’t tell you the specifics, so just shut up, just stop.
“When it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be, if it’s meant to be. Why take that away from the fans? Those are my biggest issues with stuff like this, it’s like, why ruin it and take moments away from the fans that are genuinely going to have a really cool moment instead of, ‘I read on the internet that she was coming back anyway, so whatever, it’s not even a big deal.’ Yeah, I know it’s not a huge deal when you already know about it.”
Vega and husband Malakai Black denied she was returning several times, and called out “dirt sheets” for lying. They weren’t lying.
- Report: WWE ‘Working On Deal’ For Cristiano Ronaldo To Appear
- WWE Star Set To Debut Brand New Look
- WWE Star Returns For First Televised Match In 11 Months
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- AEW Stars Announce Wedding Date
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Update On Ex-AEW Name’s Domestic Violence Arrest
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting