Managers, it is fair to say, have not been in style in WWE for a long time. Paul Heyman is an advocate, and both Paul Ellering and James Ellsworth have vanished before our eyes. The subject of this article, the abrasive and entertaining Zelina Vega, refers to herself as a business manager.
It was a match made in heaven when Vega paired up with ‘El Idolo’ back in NXT. Andrade Almas had been a wrestler with all the talent in the world, but who cared too much about his nightlife to make a serious run at the NXT Championship. His win/loss record was in decline, but that all changed when Zelina Vega entered his life and put him on track.
In the months that followed, Almas and Vega became one of the most entertaining acts on NXT. ‘Cien’ dethroned Drew McIntyre for the NXT Championship, and would log WWE’s first Dave Meltzer-rated five-star match in seven years with Johnny Gargano at NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia. Vega popped up everywhere during his matches, causing interference, and sparking her own feud with Candice LeRae.
A main roster call-up later, and SmackDown Live fans got to see the duo for themselves.
Now, Vega has spoken out on her time spent working with Almas. In a recent interview with Busted Open Radio, the two sat down, and Vega got serious about what she thinks of her client. SiriusXM Busted Open shared the following clip on their Twitter feed:
"He's helped me in the ring, he's helped me with psychology. He's become such a part of me."
@Zelina_VegaWWE explains the importance of her pairing with @AndradeCienWWE for both of their careers.@davidlagreca1 @TheMarkHenry #SummerSlam pic.twitter.com/XdoqBwnmRs
— SiriusXM Busted Open (@BustedOpenRadio) August 16, 2018
“He’s become such a part of me.”
“Especially at my size, I thought, ‘Well, I can’t do any power moves’ and he instantly comes up with, ‘Okay, let’s try this. Let’s use this to your advantage. Let’s not use it as a disadvantage. They’re going to look at you and think less? Let’s use that against them.”
On Twitter, Vega said Almas was “the best client/partner I could ask for.”
Almas and Zelina Vega will face Rusev and Lana in a mixed tag team match this Sunday on the SummerSlam Kickoff show.
- Zelina Vega SHOOTS on Austin Aries Relationship!
- Rusev Jokes About WWE SummerSlam Kickoff Show
- SummerSlam Kick-Off Match Set!
What do you think of the duo of Zelina Vega and Andrade “Cien” Almas? Are you tranquilo? Let us know in the comments below, or send us a tweet here. We now have a brand new chat on Discord, where we’d love to hear from you!
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?