New Japan G1 Finals Fallout!
New Japan IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega, however, has made his own big revelation.
The G1 Climax Finals took place last night – and the event wasn’t just newsworthy for the tournament deciding one half of WrestleKingdom’s main event. It also saw former Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada announce his longtime manager Gedo wouldn’t be in his corner for matches any more, bringing their six and a half year relationship to an end, though Okada will still be a part of their CHAOS faction.
Cody Rhodes challenged Juice Robinson for a United States Championship match. The latest Bullet Club civil war saw Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa and Taiji Ishimori winning the NEVER Openweight 6-man tag titles from the Young Bucks and Marty Scurll. And Omega announced his next Heavyweight title defence will be against Tomohiro Ishii, after the Man Without A Neck beat him in the G1 Climax tournament.
But the biggest news is that Hiroshi Tanahashi found himself at the top of the promotion once again by defeating Kota Ibushi in the superb G1 Climax final. This is Tanahashi’s third G1 trophy, and he’ll get to challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at WrestleKingdom 13 in January.
The biggest news in WWE right now, however, could be the resurfacing of harassment allegations against one of its top stars…
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- New Sami Zayn Shirt Revealed Following WWE Royal Rumble
- Dustin Rhodes Shares Message For Cody Rhodes Ahead Of WrestleMania 39