The last time Asuka won a major battle royal, it was at Royal Rumble this year. And it didn’t exactly bear much fruit. The Japanese sensation would go on to WrestleMania, and lose in her bid for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. Then-champion Charlotte Flair ended her undefeated streak and Asuka lost all of her momentum.
It seemed impossible at the time. Asuka was the most dominant wrestler to come out of NXT, male or female, and her winning ways looked destined to continue.
But then, like landing as the cover athlete of Sports Illustrated, and taking all the bad luck that goes with it, she went ahead and won the ‘Rumble.
So if you’re superstitious, and if you think history has a way of repeating itself, then you may not like current betting odds on Asuka. WrestleZone has shared a report from Sky Bet, which reveals the odds pertaining to WWE Evolution.
Asuka is seen as a 4/1 betting favourite to win the battle royal. She comes out ahead of Ember Moon, Naomi, Ruby Riott, and Brie Bella, just to name a few.
Still, it is difficult to ascertain what winning would do for her, or any member of the women’s roster really. If history is anything to go by, she could win and go nowhere with it. It is a real game of wait-and-see. Or, more accurately, wait and hope.
WWE Evolution will take place Sunday, October 28 at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, New York.
Are you pulling for Asuka at WWE Evolution? Comment with your opinion on the battle royal, or catch us on Twitter and Discord.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- Paul Heyman Reveals Vince McMahon’s Involvement In Turning Roman Reigns Heel
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?