AEW Executive Vice President Cody has commented on having the right to be called Cody Rhodes again after WWE cancelled its trademark application.
The TNT Champion revealed the news to the crowd after Dynamite last night and spoke more about it in today’s media call ahead of the Full Gear pay-per-view.
He said during the call that he still won’t use the Rhodes name in wrestling, but he’s excited that he’s going to be able to use it for third party stuff and other projects like TV shows.
He also shot down theories that he could potentially challenge for the AEW World Title in the future as Cody Rhodes instead of Cody, reiterating that there won’t be any loopholes and he flat out won’t be challenging for the title again.
He actually went on to add that he thinks it’s a bad idea that the Young Bucks have put the same stipulation in place for their World Tag Team Championship match against FTR at Full Gear.
More notes from the call can be found at this link via WrestleTalk.com’s Louis Dangoor on Twitter who was on the call.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Backstage Reaction To CM Punk Instagram Post