There has been a lot of speculation in recent weeks about the future of the NXT Championship picture. There have been lots of people stepping up to challenge Karrion Kross. However, now a number one contender match has been set.
William Regal made the announcement on tonight’s episode of NXT that Johnny Gargano, Kyle O’Reilly, and Pete Dunne will compete in a Triple Threat match next week for a shot at the title. The winner will challenge for the title at NXT Takeover In Your House.
All three men have been interacting with Kross in recent weeks. Gargano and Austin Theory attacked Kross during Kross’ promo from a few weeks ago.
Meanwhile, O’Reilly and Dunne have both been lobbying for a shot at the title.
You can follow along with our live coverage of tonight’s episode of NXT here.
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’