Backstage details regarding the rationale for having Monday Night Raw the night after Christmas (December 26) being a clip show have been revealed.
According to a report from Fightful Select, the reason behind the ‘Best Of’ show airing on Boxing Day has been revealed.
While the December 26 edition of WWE Raw will be a clip show reviewing the best WWE moments of 2022, it isn’t actually because the talent have the day off.
In fact, quite the opposite!
Talent are still on the road working live events, including on the evening of December 26.
While Fightful went digging for more info, one talent noted “that it was likely to give production workers some additional time off” with another WWE source confirming.
With the source sharing that WWE live events require far fewer staff people with the absence of entire departments of staff not needing to be in attendance.
In a landmark move, WWE will not have had any live television tapings from December 20 to December 28 for the main roster.
While one talent noted they still are working these live events, they also noted that they were compensated well for the work.
To keep up with all the breaking news from around WWE, click here.
Happy Holidays from WWE!
Wishing you, the WWE Universe, joy and laughter through the New Year. pic.twitter.com/d394gbqnG2
— WWE (@WWE) December 21, 2022
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases