Even someone with decades of experience in the wrestling business can get things wrong, as a WWE executive recently revealed.
WWE Executive Director Bruce Prichard recently revealed some of the popular angles that he didn’t expect to be as well received as they were.
Speaking on the Something to Wrestle podcast, Prichard first discussed the Kane vs Undertaker rivalry, saying:
“Kane and Undertaker, yeah, that was [supposed to be] a one-off.
“‘Hey, we need a match.’ It became a career [for Kane].”
The current Mayor of Knox County joined WWE in 1995 but wouldn’t debut as Kane until 1997 where he would feud and team with Undertaker over the years.
Prichard would then go onto discuss the unexpected success of Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Mr McMahon, saying:
“I didn’t think that would take off the way that it did
“It wasn’t written that way originally, really, so those two really stick out in my head more than anything of, ‘Wow, didn’t see that coming.'”
The storyline played on the premise of the employee vs his boss and resonated with any wrestling fan who had ever wished they could show their boss what they really thought of them.
As would be said on commentary:
“How many do you get to see the employee of a Fortune 500 company rip the CEO apart?”
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours