An update has emerged on the injury status of King (Xavier) Woods, ahead of this weekend’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
During a January 13 G4 livestream, Woods announced that he suffered an injury to his plantaris muscle of his calf during a recent match. The King of the Ring 2021 winner last wrestled on the January 7 episode of SmackDown, teaming with Kofi Kingston against The Usos.
As per PWInsider, Woods is expected to return to the road for Friday’s edition of SmackDown. Following the episode, Woods is expected to regularly attend WWE shows. It is currently unclear whether or not Woods has been cleared to return to the ring.
During his January 13 announcement, Woods noted that he would be good to go in 4-6 weeks, meaning that he’d most likely miss the Royal Rumble match.
Stay up to date with the officially announced Royal Rumble entrants using our entrant tracker, at this link.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?