Former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio (Alberto El Patron) is set to make a return to a major wrestling promotion for the first time since his 2020 arrest.
Per Emily Pratt of FanByte, El Patron is scheduled for the AAA TripleMania XXX event later this month, as the surprise tag team partner for Laredo Kid.
El Patron was reportedly not the original planned partner for Laredo Kid, but Visa issues led to a change in plans.
El Patron was reportedly chosen as AAA booker Konnan ‘felt like he needed a big star, a big surprise’ for the show. There are reportedly no ‘long-term’ plans for him in AAA, but ‘there had been rumblings that he would be back in AAA eventually.’
Alberto El Patron was arrested in May 2020 following accusations of battering and sexually assaulting his girlfriend. After multiple trial delays, the charges were dropped on December 2021 due to a ‘missing witness’.
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- PHOTO: First Look At Cody Rhodes ‘Torn Pec’ Funko Pop