There have been more updates surrounding two unfortunate AEW injuries that have recently been reported from AEW’s women’s division.
It has been reported that Anna Jay will be out of action for 6-12 months after suffering an injury during training. Now we know that this injury happened a while ago, causing AEW to change AEW Dark plans.
As per Fightful Select, Jay was injured over a month ago. AEW let her rest, hoping the injury wasn’t too severe. Unfortunately, the injury was recently aggravated, confirming she was unfit for competition.
Jay was scheduled to wrestle Britt Baker in the opening round of the AEW Women’s Championship Eliminator Tournament but was replaced with Madi Wrenkowski.
Following the report about Jay’s injury, another AEW star has suffered an injury on a recent episode of AEW Dark.
It has been reported that rookie wrestler Brooke Havok has suffered an injury during AEW Dark tapings. The Wrestling Observer is reporting that she tore her ACL during a match with Leyla Hirsch.
It is reported that Havok did finish the match. It will feature during this week’s edition of AEW Dark on AEW’s YouTube channel.
These injuries were super unfortunate, with both women being given the opportunity to prove themselves on a big stage.
WrestleTalk wishes both competitors a safe and healthy recovery.
- Potential WWE Signing Shares Emotional Goodbye After Farewell Match
- Scrapped World Heavyweight Championship Match For Elimination Chamber 2024 Revealed
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- Becky Lynch Sends New Message To Rhea Ripley Ahead Of WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Former AEW Star Set To Return For February 24 Collision
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match