UPDATE: Two new matches have now been announced for AEW Collision, find out more at this link.
A big match set for tonight’s (July 8) episode of AEW Collision has now been cancelled due to an injury.
Earlier this week, AEW’s Willow Nightingale competed on the NJPW Strong Independence Day shows, where she dropped her NJPW STRONG Women’s Championship to Giulia.
Willow was scheduled to take part in the Owen Hart Foundation Women’s Tournament semi-final against ROH Women’s Champion Athena on tonight’s episode of AEW Collision.
However, that match is no longer happening, per Tony Khan, who announced that Willow is not cleared to compete on tonight’s show.
The match between Willow and Athena has been rescheduled to next week’s episode of Rampage in order to give Willow the chance to be cleared.
Tonight’s show will still feature two Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament semi-final matches, with CM Punk taking on Samoa Joe and Ricky Starks taking on Powerhouse Hobbs.
This marks the second Women’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament match to be delayed, with Britt Baker and Ruby Soho’s first round match delayed a week due to Britt Baker being ill.
Due to injuries suffered this week in Japan, @willowwrestles isn't cleared to compete tonight on #AEWCollision in the Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament semifinal.
This semifinal match will be rescheduled to Friday Night #AEWRampage to give her an opportunity to get cleared.
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) July 8, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours