Carmelo Hayes has cemented himself as one of the top stars of the NXT 2.0 era, recently being crowned the final WWE Cruiserweight Champion after unifying the title with his North American Championship at NXT New Year’s Evil.
Hayes found himself in a confrontation with Raw star AJ Styles on this week’s (January 11) episode of NXT, which got fans talking about a future match between the two.
It appears as though Styles isn’t the only former WWE Champion that Hayes has his eyes on wrestling, as he tweeted during last night’s SmackDown:
Kofi should come to @WWENXT real quick tho
Kofi Kingston responded to Hayes after the show, when he instead invited the North American Champion to visit HIM, saying:
Bruh… just bring yo ass to Smackdown! It is rumble season after all…
Hayes continued the teases, responding to Kingston by simply saying:
…not a bad idea
NXT has seen more integration with the main roster since the 2.0 relaunch, with main roster stars such as AJ Styles and Riddle wrestling on the show, as well as Grayson Waller appearing several times on Raw in the last month.
There was also reportedly plans for Jeff Hardy to be revealed as the shaman for MSK before he was released, with Riddle having to fill in last minute for Hardy, so former WWE Champions have appeared on the show in the past.
Kingston revealed yesterday that he will be a part of the 2022 men’s Royal Rumble match. Despite that, he is yet to win a match in the year 2022. You can track all the WWE 2022 win/loss records here.
…not a bad idea https://t.co/y2pj2gUFv7 pic.twitter.com/8Yz9KhVsxo
— Carmelo Hayes (@Carmelo_WWE) January 15, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star