Last week it was announced that a Gauntlet Eliminator match would decide the number one contender for the NXT Championship. As the week has gone on, more of the participants for that match have been announced. Now, we know the entire field.
NXT announced earlier today that Bronson Reed will be the final man announced for the match. He joins Cameron Grimes, Timothy Thatcher, Kyle O’Reilly, and KUSHIDA.
Wednesday's #GauntletEliminator Match on The #WWENXT Take Off to TakeOver just became COLOSSAL!
@bronsonreedwwe is the final entrant! @KUSHIDA_0904 @KORcombat @CGrimesWWE #TimothyThatcher pic.twitter.com/k2N6GFencg
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) September 21, 2020
The winner of this match will go on to face Finn Balor at Takeover. Balor recently defeated Adam Cole to win the title, becoming only the third ever two-time NXT Champion. This match’s winner will be his first challenger.
The next Takeover event is scheduled to take place on October 4. As we mentioned when the event was announced, the six weeks since the last show is the shortest amount of time between two Takeover events. So if it feels like the last Takeover just happened, it did.
This week’s NXT will also decide the number one contender for the NXT Women’s Championship. However, that match will be a battle royale as opposed to a Gauntlet Match.
Who do you think will win the NXT Gauntlet Eliminator match? Let us know on Twitter!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?