Here are the latest updates regarding the ongoing talks between Daniel Bryan and WWE after his contract expired after SmackDown on April 30.
According to Ringside News, which has had recent reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer, Bryan and WWE are indeed still actively speaking about a return to the company.
The site is reporting that WWE believes it won’t struggle to fit Daniel Bryan back onto TV, with the report noting there is “open communication” between both parties, with neither in any rush to sort a contract.
WrestlingNews.co had recently reported that Vince McMahon loves Bryan and there’s a full-time job backstage waiting for him if he wants it, but RSN has since reported that this isn’t something Bryan is interested in right now.
WrestlingNews.co also reported that WWE is ready to have Bryan back for a big match at SummerSlam, which we now know will take place on August 22.
While many fans have been fantasy booking matches for Daniel Bryan against non-WWE contracted talent, there is seemingly an expectation from within the wrestling community that Daniel Bryan will re-sign with WWE.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending