Here are the latest updates regarding the ongoing talks between Daniel Bryan and WWE after his contract expired after SmackDown on April 30.
According to Ringside News, which has had recent reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer, Bryan and WWE are indeed still actively speaking about a return to the company.
The site is reporting that WWE believes it won’t struggle to fit Daniel Bryan back onto TV, with the report noting there is “open communication” between both parties, with neither in any rush to sort a contract.
WrestlingNews.co had recently reported that Vince McMahon loves Bryan and there’s a full-time job backstage waiting for him if he wants it, but RSN has since reported that this isn’t something Bryan is interested in right now.
WrestlingNews.co also reported that WWE is ready to have Bryan back for a big match at SummerSlam, which we now know will take place on August 22.
While many fans have been fantasy booking matches for Daniel Bryan against non-WWE contracted talent, there is seemingly an expectation from within the wrestling community that Daniel Bryan will re-sign with WWE.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Kyle O’Reilly Reveals When His AEW Contract Expires
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee
- Jake Roberts ‘So Scared’ Of Losing Friendship With WWE Hall Of Famer
- Another Scrapped Name For Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch WWE Faction Revealed?
- AEW Double Or Nothing To Be Shown In Select Cinemas
- Date Of WWE’s Next Saudi Arabia Event Revealed
- WWE Again Buries Sasha Banks & Naomi During WWE Raw
- Will Ospreay ‘Not On Good Terms’ With Kenny Omega
- Lacey Evans To Make In-Ring Return On Next Week’s WWE Raw