According to a report from Fightful.com’s Select, we could be getting a major announcement soon regarding the NXT title. It appears there are rumors floating around backstage about plans should we see Karrion Kross relinquish the title due to his injury.
Triple H revealed Kross suffered a shoulder separation at TakeOver: XXX. While the Fightful report doesn’t specifically mention the title being vacated, it does mention potential future plans for the title.
Sean Ross Sapp has been hearing that several ideas have been thrown around about crowning a new champion. One of the more popular ideas would be to hold a 4-way match to crown a new champion.
SELECT: Major Rumor On NXT Title https://t.co/NkVImI21rg pic.twitter.com/un7m5ZEGcU
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) August 26, 2020
They haven’t heard any names of the people who might be involved. However, several wrestlers backstage have heard of the ideas being talked about backstage.
Kross is set to make a major announcement on tonight’s show. Could this announcement be related? Could we see Kross have to give the title up right after winning it?
This could mean a huge shift in plans for NXT. NXT has had lots of practice at having to reroute plans after people suffering injuries.
One of those folks who had to deal with major injuries is none other than Tommaso Ciampa. Ciampa is set to make his return to NXT tonight. Could he be looking for retribution?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring