A lot of plans change around WrestleMania season for different reasons. However, in this case, the change comes as the result of a pregnancy. Lacey Evans’ pregnancy to be exact.
A new report from Fightful Select (subscription required) has stated that WWE was planning a major title change. According to the report, Lacey Evans was planned to defeat Asuka at Elimination Chamber to win the Raw Women’s Championship. Of course, her pregnancy forced these plans to change.
The report goes on to say that Evans would have then continued her rivalry with Charlotte Flair. Their rivalry would have lasted until at least WrestleMania. Fightful also noted that there are currently no plans to continue the storyline between Flair and Evans.
Charlotte Flair made the challenge to Asuka for a match at WrestleMania 37 on Raw this week. This will likely lead to a WrestleMania rematch between the two, repeating their match from WrestleMania 34. Whether that match results in a title change remains to be seen.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- WWE Files Several New Trademark Filings