A lot of plans change around WrestleMania season for different reasons. However, in this case, the change comes as the result of a pregnancy. Lacey Evans’ pregnancy to be exact.
A new report from Fightful Select (subscription required) has stated that WWE was planning a major title change. According to the report, Lacey Evans was planned to defeat Asuka at Elimination Chamber to win the Raw Women’s Championship. Of course, her pregnancy forced these plans to change.
The report goes on to say that Evans would have then continued her rivalry with Charlotte Flair. Their rivalry would have lasted until at least WrestleMania. Fightful also noted that there are currently no plans to continue the storyline between Flair and Evans.
Charlotte Flair made the challenge to Asuka for a match at WrestleMania 37 on Raw this week. This will likely lead to a WrestleMania rematch between the two, repeating their match from WrestleMania 34. Whether that match results in a title change remains to be seen.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament