Rocky Romero has promised that there will definitely be surprises at Wrestle Kingdom 17.
While the card for the January 4, 2023 is stacked, many have their eyes on the event for moments that NJPW has not yet announced for the Tokyo Dome show.
Several sources have now reported that Mercedes Varnado, better known to WWE fans as Sasha Banks, will make an appearance during Wrestle Kingdom 17.
Hinting at these reports, Renee Paquette asked Rocky Romero on The Sessions podcast if any currently unannounced names will show up on January 4.
Promising that Wrestle Kingdom 17 will feature some interesting swerves, Romero said:
“I’ve heard a lot of rumors, but I can’t confirm nor deny at this moment. Fingers crossed, you never know what could happen. There will definitely be surprises at the Tokyo Dome.”
There has been speculation that Varnado will confront KAIRI, who will be defending her IWGP Women’s Championship against Tam Nakano at the event.
The Tokyo Dome show will feature stars from both WWE and AEW.
WWE Raw star Karl Anderson will defend his NEVER Openweight Championship on the card against Tama Tonga.
AEW’s FTR will put their IWGP Tag Team Title on the line against World Tag League 2022 winners Bishamon.
In the co-main event, former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega will challenge for Will Ospreay’s IWGP US Title.
The final bout of the show will see champion Jay White face challenger Kazuchika Okada, with the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship on the line.
Check out the announced card for Wrestle Kingdom 17 right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
- Major WWE Star Seemingly Injured During Match
- Potential Spoiler For Huge WWE Star Appearing At NXT Deadline
- CM Punk WWE NXT Plans Confirmed
- TNA Wrestling Partners With WWE Parent Company Streaming Service
- WWE Star Still On Active Roster Despite New Role
- Dominik Mysterio Loses Championship To WWE Main Roster Star
- CM Punk Appears At WWE NXT Deadline
- Triple H Reacts To CM Punk WWE NXT Plans
- WWE Trying Out Major New Camera Strategy
- WWE Star To Wrestle Match With Broken Hand