WWE announced the return of the black and gold era of NXT at the end of this week’s one-year anniversary show of NXT 2.0.
Following the announcement, WWE taped two weeks of NXT television last night at the WWE Performance Center, which may end up being the final two episodes of the 2.0 era.
There were several notable moments from the tapings, and you can read the full results for the September 20 episode here.
However, an unfortunate piece of news came out regarding NXT star Tony D’Angelo, who reportedly suffered an injury during the tapings.
The injury is reported by WrestlingNews.co to be a knee injury, and his match at the tapings was stopped as the trainers tended to him. It is not known how severe the injury is, or how long, if at all, he will be out of action.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE