On last night’s (July 27) episode of NXT, it was announced that Johnny Gargano will take on Dexter Lumis in a “Love Her or Lose Her” match over Indi Hartwell.
The unique match stipulation has gotten a reaction from Indi herself, who took to Twitter to compare the match to the infamous “Custody of Dominik” Ladder match between Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio from SummerSlam 2005.
Same energy pic.twitter.com/blmIETc3AQ
— Mrs. Lumis (@indi_hartwell) July 28, 2021
Twitter users compared Indi’s situation to other infamous matches throughout WWE history. Fellow NXT star Drake Maverick compared it to Test vs Shane McMahon’s “Love Her or Leave Her” match at SummerSlam 1999, while another user referenced Kane vs Matt Hardy’s “Till Death Do Us Part” match at SummerSlam 2004.
The story of Indi Hartwell and Dexter Lumis’ “will they or won’t they” romance has been going on for six months, and it appears to be coming to a head next week.
Indi Hartwell recently wrestled in a dark match prior to SmackDown, in a losing effort to Aliyah.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’