It has been clear that Mercedes Martinez would be the first challenge for Raquel Gonzalez and the NXT Women’s Championship.
Now, the date for their title match has been announced. During tonight’s episode of NXT, it was revealed that their title match would take place in two weeks. That would land on the May 11, 2021 episode of NXT.
Mercedes Martinez took on Dakota Kai on tonight’s show. This was meant to be Martinez’s match to earn a title shot but Raquel Gonzalez attacked her for the disqualification. Gonzalez continued to beat on Martinez after the match, throwing her like a javelin into the barricade.
Raquel Gonzalez won the title from Io Shirai at NXT Takeover Stand and Deliver.
It was also announced on tonight’s show that next week will feature a Falls Count Anywhere match between Isaiah ‘Swerve’ Scott and Leon Ruff, and an NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship Street Fight between The Way and Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other