Ruby Soho (formerly Ruby Riott) made her AEW debut this past weekend in the All Out Casino Battle Royale, where she was the final joker entrant.
She would go on to win the match by eliminating Thunder Rosa last, thus earning a title shot against AEW Women’s Champion Britt Baker.
Speaking during the post-show media scrum, Ruby discussed how it felt to debut with everyone signing her entrance song, Rancid’s aptly named “Ruby Soho”.
“Honestly, I have never experienced anything like that before,” Soho admitted. “To have people have that anticipation for me to come out, and for people to want that, and for people to get it and get excited is something that I think all of us in the wrestling industry thrive for. That moment of just being accepted, and wanted, and welcomed to this new, incredible company that you work for. That’s always a scare.
“You’re working in a new place. ‘Am I going to be accepted? Am I going to fit in with it?’ It just felt like home, immediately, from the moment I walked out there, and it was incredible. And the videos that were put out, I was so happy with the reception of them because people understood the story. And it seemed like people felt the actual journey I went on, and the struggle that I went through, and now, this almost rebirth that I’m at now. It was awesome.”
She was then asked what kind of role AEW is playing in the Women’s Revolution, to which she replied:
“I think AEW is a critical part of that,” Soho stated. “I think the level of importance that is put on the women’s division here, it’s so apparent. You see different women each week. It’s not the same people. You see different women from different backgrounds all thriving, and succeeding, and intertwining with each other, and you can go on these journeys with these women. And these women have a voice, and I think this place is a crucial part in the evolution that is women’s wrestling. And I think I’m very, very fortunate to be a part of it.”
Thanks to WrestlingInc for the quotes.
- LIVE UPDATES: Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- New Member Of Don Callis Family Revealed At AEW Dynamite Grand Slam